Worldline, a European payment service provider, and Bitcoin Suisse, a Swiss crypto service company, recently announced the go-live of their omnichannel crypto payment solution.
Now more than 85,000 merchants in Switzerland who use Worldline’s point-of-sale and e-commerce payment services can offer their customers Bitcoin and Ether payments in addition to other payment options.
“It’s a great pleasure to work with Worldline to bring user-friendly crypto payments to market in Switzerland.”
– Dr. Arthur Vayloyan, CEO of Bitcoin Suisse
Overview of WL Crypto Payments
- The integrated service offered by Worldline and Bitcoin Suisse called WL Crypto Payments enables merchants to accept Bitcoin and Ether as payment options at the point of sale (POS) and in e-commerce.
- Merchants can easily download the WL Crypto Payments mobile app or conveniently install the Worldline Payment Plugin for their web shop. Customers paying with crypto can do so through their usual mobile crypto wallet application.
- The prices displayed by the merchant in CHF can be specified by the customer alternatively in Bitcoin or Ether in real time, paid with crypto and immediately confirmed to the merchant.
- WL Crypto Payments enables merchants to offer payments with cryptocurrencies converted into Swiss francs immediately after payment confirmation. Merchants also benefit from being billed in Swiss francs and the disbursement processes bundled with other payment options such as credit cards.
“The introduction of acceptance of cryptocurrencies at the POS in Switzerland is great proof of our ambition. We look forward to working with Bitcoin Suisse on this pioneering project. “
– Marc Schluep, CEO of Worldline Switzerland